- >T-Aluminum Profiles
- >V-Aluminum Profiles
- >Profile Accessories
- >GT2 Components
Optically Isolated USB-UART Adapter (USB-B)
Optically isolated USB-UART Adapter for communications between a device using logic level (1.8V to 5V) serial and a computer with a USB port. The adapter is optically isolated. Supports baud rates from 300 baud to 2 Mbaud.
The ZeptoBit Isolated USB-UART Adapter allows communications between a device using logic level (1.8V to 5V) serial communication and a computer with a USB port. The adapter is optically isolated, there is no electrical connection between the connected device and the USB port. Supports baud rates from 300 baud to 2 Mbaud.
This version has a "full size" USB-B connector. The adaptor is also available with a micro-USB connector.
- Supports all common baud rates from 300 baud to 2 Mbaud.
- Works with IO levels from 1.8V to 5V.
- No driver installation required on Windows 10 or on recent Linux versions.
- Avoids ground loops.
- Circuits ground and computer ground does not need to be at the same potential.
- Maintains isolation from mains supply.
- Protects the computers USB port from damage.
- Separates sensitive analog circuits from potentially noisy computer ground.
- Works with devices which can not drive an opto isolator directly.
- Open source hardware: All the documentation needed to repair or modify the adapter is provided including schematic, BOM and design notes. 3D models of the device and 3D printable enclosures are also available.
Full documentation (zip) Datasheet, drivers, schematics, BOM and 3D models in one file.
Drivers for the CH340 USB to serial chip used on the ZeptoBit Isolated USB-UART Adapter.